CREATE A RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE. You already know that respect-related problems are bad for people and detrimental to business. When people complain about workplace incivility or are afraid of their abrasive manager, your culture deteriorates, productivity declines and service suffers. Harassment and bullying complaints are expensive and distracting. If these challenges keep you awake at night, access our solutions. We will help you with our training, coaching and consulting services. Contact us anytime for your free consultation.s
From our blog
Can pain medication help when you’re feeling rejected, left out, or ostracized? I know, I know — at first blush, this idea … read more
- Don’t use speakerphone when others are around - a great practice for demonstrating respect and civility.
- A common excuse for #managers to not take action to deal with chronic #incivility offenders: "You can't change someone’s personality"
- #Dalhousie & #Ghomeshi: deep pain opens huge opportunity for us all to explore how we can do better in workplace & more
- Great to have my kid home for the #holidays! Enjoying healthy pancakes made for her mama t.co/xhGjqjECvb
- Intervene-shift Strategy: If you intervene to stop uncivil or harassing behaviour, do so, and then change subject.
- #dalhousiedentistry decision 2 make do w/ #restorativejustice misguided. Acting only on the personal dimension misses bigger picture.
- VIDEO: Australian army chief shows how to defend org values when the going gets tough (best video ever) t.co/9JpWccxOwP
- Happy #chanukah to all who celebrate it and to anyone seeking lights and miracles! t.co/YgnDJn9VK0
- We tend 2 justify gossip @ work by saying it's legitimate venting. This does't make it any less hurtful or #uncivil.
- Tips 4 holiday party etiquette in the #ghomeshi era from @Sue_Nador (hint: kick it down a notch) t.co/IoZJvnG5Ql
- If you could change one thing about how your team works together vis-à-vis workplace #incivility, what would it be?
- Feeling rejected? Take Tylenol. Research shows it works. Check out latest blog - t.co/oZLJ88Hkud
Follow @sharonebardavid on twitter.