Your own experience has already led you to recognize what research consistently finds: there’s a direct correlation between the quality of your organization’s leaders and business outcomes, and staff engagement is significantly higher when they trust their immediate manager. Consider this:
- Do the supervisors, managers and senior leaders in your organization lead‘, or do they merely manage?
- Do they communicate in ways that engage and inspire, or do they use tired communication strategies?
- Are they able to create a culture that’s aligned with your mission and vision, or is culture created by default?
- Do they know how to lead through change competently, or do they get frazzled and impatient?
- Are they able to deal with performance issues in a direct and supportive manner, or do they procrastinate and avoid?
- Do they know how to foster high performance teams, or do they make do with mediocre (or worse) team performance?
- Do they deal with incivility, harassment and bullying in a proactive fashion, or do they wait for a complaint or explosion to happen?
In you did not choose the first part of any of the above sentences, it’s high time to develop your leaders’ competencies.
We’ll be glad to discuss your leadership development needs with you. Contact us today for your free, no-commitment consultation.
In the meantime, feel free to refer your leaders to our Learning Hub, where they will find:
Thought Boosters: Learning nuggets and discussion questions that leaders can use to facilitate thoughtful team discussions.
Articles: Resources for leaders to gain new insights into a variety of issues.
Tutorials: Videos and mini-articles to sharpen leaders’ skills.