You’ve seen it happen many times: a small misunderstanding blows up into mega conflict. Suddenly people are no longer on speaking terms, water cooler gossip abounds and everyone takes sides. Of course, little work gets done while all this is taking place. And here’s another unsettling fact: often the conflict poisons the work environment and erodes customer service too.
Sit back and reflect:
- Do your people know how to prevent unnecessary conflict?
- Do the have effective strategies for dealing effectively with minor issues before they escalate?
- Do they own their own contribution to a problematic conversation or do they resort to blame and victimhood?
- Are they able to initiate a sensitive conversations or do they avoid until things explode?
- When they do initiative a conversation on a ‘sticky’ matter, do they have tools for navigating the conversation constructively?
- Are they able to restore a good working environment after dealing with conflict?
If you answered ‘no’ to any of the above questions, the good news is that productive conflict resolution skills can be learned (yes, you can ‘teach an old dog new tricks’ after all). We’ll be glad to help you plan and implement a program that will suit your unique needs. Contact us today for your free, no-commitment consultation.
In the meantime, we invite you to visit our Learning Hub, where you will find:
Thought boosters : Learning nuggets and discussion questions that leaders can use to facilitate thoughtful team discussions.
Articles : New insights into a variety of issues.
Tutorials : Videos and mini-articles to sharpen people’s skills.
Blog : Expand your understanding of latest research and current workplace challenges.