Abrasiveness can be tamed.
As a senior leader, you know that an abrasive manager’s conduct is bad for business. Although a stellar (even brilliant) performer, the abrasive manager’s behaviour can stifle innovation, trigger high staff turnover and sick leaves and tarnish your brand reputation.
This manager might have the organization’s best interest at heart and is trying to take care of business. Still, people often complain about him (or her), referring to them as ‘the bully boss’ or ‘workplace bully’.
You want to retain this person and their expertise, however the cost of the abrasive behavior is no longer affordable. To assess the cost and risk, fill out our free, proprietary risk assessment. You might be surprised at what you discover.
You’ve tried various solutions, but nothing has really worked. You’re finally ready to take action. And you know that buying into the common myths about abrasiveness has not served you well.
That’s where the REAL™ Program for Abrasive Leaders comes in.
Using a highly specialized and respectful process, the REAL™ Program for Abrasive Leaders will turn the manager’s behaviour around within several months. The former ‘bully boss’ can become even more effective than he/she was. PLUS, you will no longer receive complaints about abrasive, bullying behaviours.
The program was inspired by the pioneering work of Dr. Laura Crawshaw, founder of the Boss Whispering Institute, with over four hundred abrasive managers succeeding in turning their behaviour around.
Contact us to discuss how the REAL™ Program for Abrasive Leaders will help you assist the abrasive manager (and the work environment) get back on track.
To learn more about Abrasive Leaders, please visit any of the following resources:
- Abrasive Bosses – Three Deadly Organizational Sins
- Abrasive Leaders: Five Mistakes You’ve Made when Managing Them
- What We Now Know about Abrasive Leadership and Organizational Factors – results of Bar-David Consulting/Canadian HR Reporter Magazine 2012 Survey
- Top Ten Abrasive Leader Mistakes Checklist - assess your organization’s capacity to prevent and address leaders’ harsh interpersonal conduct
- Challenges Related to Creating Respectful Work Environments - 30 minute audio interview with Sharone Bar-David
- The Incivility Risk: It’s Time to Connect the Dots
- Ultimate Survival Guide for (Good) Managers: Protecting Yourself from Unfair Bullying Charges
- Our Blog – Check out our blog entries focused on respectful workplace issues.
- Learning Hub – Learn for free together with your team. Initiate thoughtful discussion in your team about respectful workplace issues using our Learning Hub tools.