Here’s what our ‘abrasive’ coaching clients taught us here at Bar-David Consulting:
People whose interpersonal style rubs others the wrong way are perfectly capable of changing — once they have detailed and accurate data to work with.
If your organization is struggling to manage the challenge of a leader whose behaviour causes unrest in the workplace, our one-on-one, highly specialized program might be the win-win solution you’ve been searching for.
- If you are a person who has been told your style is “abrasive,” please click here for your personal note from Sharone Bar-David.
- If you are a leader managing someone whose interpersonal style triggers distress, or if you are an HR professional, we invite you to complete our free risk assessment tool to assess the cost and risk.
Here’s the challenge your organization might be facing:
You have a stellar performer (perhaps a brilliant trailblazer), who has the organization’s interests at heart. But sadly, there are persistent complaints about this person’s interpersonal behaviour.
You’ve tried various solutions, with varying degrees of partial success. However, truth be told, you’ve also made lots of mistakes on the way and subscribed to common myths about this challenge have not served you well.
You want to retain this person, but the cost of doing so is becoming too high. Especially with the changing landscape where employers can no longer turn a blind eye on matters psychological health and safety matters, nor ignore harassment-free employment standard, etc.
You’re now ready to take action.
Bar-David Consulting’s REAL™ Program for Abrasive Leaders:
- Rehabilitates persons whose interpersonal conduct causes distress to others
- Offers the client confidential coaching rooted in concrete data collection
- Is a specialized, respectful process geared to the distinctive needs of persons whose style is perceived as abrasive
- Reduces risk to the organization, its culture and people
Using a targeted and respectful process that reflects our deep expertise in rehabilitating abrasive behaviour, the program will help turn around the person’s behaviour within just a few months.
Contact us today to discuss how the REAL™ Program for Abrasive Leaders can help you assist the person and get the work environment back on track.
Here are free resources from Bar-David Consulting:
- Our free abrasive leadership risk assessment
- Abrasive Leaders: Five Mistakes You’ve Made when Managing Them
- How to manage an abrasive leader — Sharone Bar-David’s interview on Coaching for Leaders program
- Dealing with a Star Performer Who is Abrasive
- What We Now Know about Abrasive Leadership and Organizational Factors —results of Bar-David Consulting/Canadian HR Reporter Magazine 2012 Survey
- Abrasive Leaders—Top Ten Organizational Competencies Checklist — assess your organization’s capacity to prevent and address leaders’ harsh interpersonal conduct
- Challenges Related to Creating Respectful Work Environments—thirty minute audio interview with Sharone Bar-David
- Abrasive Bosses – Three Deadly Organizational Sins
- A note from Sharone Bar-David to leaders who have told to change their abrasive style
- Common Myths — three most common myths pertaining to abrasive managers.
- The business case for a respectful workplace — a collection of data and figures that help you quantify why it makes good business sense to maintain a respectful workplace.
- The Incivility Risk: It’s Time to Connect the Dots
- Ultimate Survival Guide for (Good) Managers: Protecting Yourself from Unfair Bullying Charges
- Our Blog – check out our blog entries focused on respectful workplace issues.
- Learning Hub — learn for free together with your team. Initiate thoughtful discussion in your team about respectful workplace issues using our Learning Hub tools.
*Inspired by the pioneering work of Dr. Laura Crawshaw, founder of The Boss Whispering Institute.