On October 5th, 2011, we presented a session titled “I Can’t Stand The Gossip Around Here!”: Incivility At Work at the Health Work and Wellness 2011 annual conference.
The session was extremely well received, with 52% of written evaluations rating the presentation as ‘extraordinary’. Here’s what some of the participants said they “will do differently” as a result of attending the session:
- Train and educate my leadership team
- Say good morning-hello-short-term, Intervene and take a stand long term
- I am a leader + will absolutely clean up my act! Model good behaviour
- Focus on the need to respond immediately to incivility
- Be more conscious of those little things
- Make this part of wellness program/workplace training
- Steal her material!
- Address a specific issue right away